Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Results (Day 30)

Anyone hoping for some good old fashioned before-and-after photos is going to be sorely disappointed by this post. Likewise anyone looking for hard numbers on pounds or inches lost-- I stopped weighing myself years ago and only measure once in a great while.

Here's what I can tell you: The Whole 30 makes me feel awesome. Let me count the ways for you:

  • Sleep. This is probably my #1 favorite benefit. I sleep like a baby and don't wake up in the middle of the night fretting about work stuff. I do still have work thoughts during snoozing time, but I take that as a sign to get up (at which point I am well rested). 
  • My clothes, pants in particular, are looser. Items that were verging on tight are now comfortable. Jeans that took a wearing to feel right after being washed are now great straight from the drying rack. I was at a healthy size before undergoing the Whole 30, but I definitely feel trimmer now.
  • Skin. My face looks clearer and more even in tone. Minor breakouts clear quickly.
  • Energy. My energy levels have been great! I am meeting or exceeding my daily step goal and have had lots of gusto to attack projects on weekends and even weekday evenings. 
  • Mood. I am usually a fairly positive and even-keeled person, but winter can get the best of us all. During the Whole 30 I have felt very upbeat and resilient. 
Some of these results may also be attributable to my increased activity level; that's what I get for changing two variables at once. Regardless, I'm happy with the outcome of all my habit changes and want to set myself up to maintain them going forward. Stay tuned for my ideas on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment