Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Anticipating the end (Day 23)

Today it was a bit tough to stick to the plan. I took the day off to work on projects around the house, so not only did I have access to off-limits stuff (chocolate!), I also felt that I was doing something to earn a treat. Worse yet, E left for a long work trip to Italy yesterday, so I'm accountable only to myself.

After poking dejectedly around the internet looking for 100% dark chocolate, I finally concluded that a) I was hungry, b) I was thirsty, and c) that I'm a week away from day 30, and I certainly can stick to it for that long. Oh, and also d) if I ordered 100% chocolate online, it probably wouldn't arrive before day 30 anyway.

I wound up eating an extra snack and having a flavored La Croix while I cooked dinner, which seems to have done the trick. Now that I've had a nice bowl of beef stew from my Instant Pot (sans rice flour and wine), I'm satisfied and ready to move on.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to be done when I get to town, RIGHT? #rosamexicana

    ReplyDelete