Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Leisurely Saturday

I was really looking forward to today after a hectic few weeks of finishing performance reviews, traveling for Thanksgiving, and doing it all while not feeling super great. The day is turning out to be just what I needed:

6:40 am: Wake up. Cough (ugh). Feed dog. Make coffee and get comfy on the couch, catching up on social media and reading a book.

8:30 am: Make and eat some scrambled eggs. More couch time. Clean out the fridge of past-good food. Say a sad goodbye to the leftover gluten-free stuffing and pie that I didn't get around to eating. More reading.

12 noon: Eat some leftover chili. Hatch a plan to do some errands and grocery shopping; make a meal plan and grocery list.

12:30 pm: REI, fancy coffee stop, grocery store, and another stop for a Christmas gift.

3:00 pm: Slow stroll with the dog. More couch time (!!!) to do some online Christmas shopping.

Next up will be wine and nibbles time, which will also take place on the couch. Later on, probably dinner while watching a movie. On the couch. Are you sensing a theme here? This is pretty much my dream Saturday.

Note that it does not involve other people, aside from my spouse. These days my job requires me to engage with people for probably 75% of my day, whereas the proportion was the inverse of that less than 2 years ago. Having to use so much social energy at work means I basically want to hibernate on the weekends. Poor E, she is an extrovert and would like to see people on weekends. We have social plans tomorrow and then every Friday and Saturday night until the new year, so I put the kibosh on any get-togethers tonight. She will have to make do with me and the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment