Monday, December 1, 2014

Placeholder

This is the time of year I rejoin (or attempt to rejoin) the ranks of daily bloggers. Why? To join a little community known as Holidailies, and to add a note of contemplation to this lively time of year.

I'm currently on day 12 of some malady that started as a cold and now seems decidedly worse, so please forgive me if I don't have something terribly witty to offer today. At the very least, I can offer an introduction and some updates since last year.

  • I'm a life-long upper-Midwesterner, now living in the Twin Cities with my wife
  • Yup, that would make me a lesbian. I am fortunate that this is not really a Big Deal in my everyday life and social circles
  • We have an old house (built in 1914) and an old dog (approximately 101 in dog years)
  • We used to have two cats, and indeed I have written about them many times. The evil one died about 13 month ago, and I confess I don't miss her too much. The awesome sweet one died this past summer, and I still think about her all the time
  • I got a promotion this fall when my boss retired, which means I am working more than ever. Fortunately, I happen to love what I do
  • The wife just started a new job (literally, today) which will involve lots of travel, domestic and international!
  • Though I am an atheist, I love the Christmas season. I think it's because I grew up as a choir nerd, which made this time of year busy, thrilling, and magical.
With that, I'll sign off for tonight. Looking forward to the virtual exchange of ideas this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment