Thursday, December 20, 2012

Observations

The days were going by very slowly earlier this week; on Wednesday at lunchtime, a co-worker and I both noted that it seemed like it really ought to be a day later. Today there was a marked difference in the atmosphere at work: The pre-holiday activities seem to be winding down, and "Back 12/26" is starting to show up on the in/out board. I predict tomorrow will drag, particularly once my morning meeting (for which I spent all day preparing) is over. Good thing a few of us have planned a happy hour, providing a good pretense to duck out a bit early.

I just heard from E that she is on her way home after a few errands. She's picking up both wine AND gelato. I think the treat factor is about to get kicked up a notch around here! On top of that, I just mixed up the macaroon recipe I've been meaning to make all week, and will be shaping them and throwing them in the oven later. If the world is going to end tomorrow, we might as well enjoy ourselves on the way out.

Eats today: We've been working our way through the leftovers from my cooking frenzy earlier this week. However, the glitch in my plan was that I prepared tons of meat, but not enough veggies. Tonight, I'm roasting a squash and sauteing a head of cabbage to go along with the crock pot pork roast from earlier this week. This is one of our most common meal structures-- some kind of meat, plus an orange vegetable and a green one. There are countless combinations to choose from, and it's simple, satisfying, and healthy. I can't ask for much more on a cold and windy winter night (except for maybe wine and gelato).

No comments:

Post a Comment