Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye, December

I started off the day by going to an early (car-headlights-on early) yoga class at the YMCA. It was the last visit I needed to reach my 12 for the month, which, you may recall was one of my intentions. Aside from having to squeeze in a lot of visits towards the end of the month, this particular goal worked out very well for me! In addition to my usual Pilates, I tried three class formats, all variations on yoga. I think I will keep some of them in the mix going forward. One trick that really helped was to put all the classes in which I was interested on my calendar each week. This way, I could keep track of my options and be mindful to plan my other activities around them.

So, how'd I do on those other resolutions? Pretty well, I'd say. I missed some opportunities to get together with friends due to weather and not wanting to over-schedule myself. Still, I went to several holiday happy hours, a Christmas party, a birthday party, and brunch with a friend yesterday. Not too shabby! There are several more folks I hope to see early in the new year.

To celebrate the holiday season, I did almost precisely what I suggested in that post-- put up a Christmas tree, bought some holiday albums, and went to a few movies. Actually, one of the highlights in this department was sharing the movie Elf with our niece when she slept over. She LOVED it and wanted to watch it the next morning, too. One thing I wanted to do, but didn't, was go to a holiday concert. I'll put that on the list for next year.

Today, E is working, so I'm spending a low-key day at home. I plan to do some reading, work on getting out our New Year's cards, and make a salad to contribute to the New Year's lunch at E's sister's house tomorrow. Tonight, we'll be heading out for dinner at a Vietnamese bistro near our house, which is offering an amazing tasting menu. We'll ring in 2013 at home with an Old Fashioned and maybe some bubbly. Hope you all have a fun and save New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment