Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Signal

Well, hello there! I seem to have fallen off the Holidailies wagon a wee bit. Here we go, right back into it. In no particular order, here are some of the things that have distracted me for the past few days:

  • The Big Bang Theory. E borrowed the first three seasons from a co-worker several weeks ago, and we are just now starting to watch them. I wasn't wowed from the start, but, after four episodes, it's growing on me! 
  • Rules of Civility. I was lucky enough to get an ebook copy of this from the library, and I'm really loving it. The characters are well-drawn and the writing crisp and engaging. It's fascinating getting a glimpse into late-Depression-era New York.
  • Cooking. This week is getting busy with gym visits and Christmas preparations, so I've been trying to cook big batches of stuff so we have leftovers to get us through. I made chili on Sunday, baked chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, and kale yesterday, and a pork roast in the slow cooker today. I also keep trying to squeeze in a batch of coconut macaroons, but haven't found the time yet. Maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment